Qi Gong in the Park
Qi Gong is the art of preventing disease and prolonging life
Offering Live in-person & Zoom classes as well as On-Line Qi Gong Classes
A Few Things You Didn't Know About Qi Gong (The Extended Version)
- Qi Gong is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and is preventative medicine, meaning that in China over the centuries is has been used to prevent premature aging, illness and disease from occurring in the body.
- It works on the same system of pathways of bio electricity (meridians) that acupuncturists use.
- It is considered to be the highest branch of TCM because it is something you do for yourself.
- It combines gentle breathing and flowing movements with mindfulness and meditation.
- Tai Chi originated from Qi Gong.
- Qi Gong is 4000 years old, Tai Chi is 800 yrs old.
- It is simpler to learn than Tai Chi.
- Tai Chi strengthens the body for fighting, while Qi Gong strengthens the body for healing.
- Qi Gong was originally used by martial artists (Karate, Kung Fu etc.) as an integral part of their training because it helps you get into peak performance and stay there. It helps the body be more resilient, avoid injuries and heal faster if an injury does occur.
- Nowadays it is used by pro athletes because of its ability to: heighten mental focus (especially under pressure), increase physical energy and endurance, improve dexterity and allow for a faster recovery from injuries or illness.
- Qi Gong improves blood flow to the brain and improves energy levels, concentration, productivity as well as memory.
- It lowers anxiety, reduces stress and releases trauma; Qi Gong releases negative emotions in a very gentle way, leaving a person feeling light and uplifted, providing emotional freedom.
- It helps establish healthy sleeping patterns.
- In China it is taught to cancer patients as well as to patients with chronic and autoimmune illnesses.
- It reduces the side effects of cancer treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy.
- It is used as a medical therapy to increase a patient’s healing power and regulate the immune system.
- Qi Gong improves your ability to absorb nourishment. It increases your body’s ability to absorb vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients from the foods you eat (or supplementation). It also increases the effectiveness of any medications you are currently taking or treatments you are undergoing. Most people report that they are able to lower their medications after a time period. Some even coming off altogether. Side effects from treatments are also reduced.
- It aids digestion problems, helps balance blood sugar, reduces food cravings and allergies.
- Because it balances hormonal levels it helps with weight that is difficult to lose, fertility & menopause.
- It is effective in relieving both acute and chronic pain.
- It’s great exercise, is fun to do, leaving you feeling refreshed, replenished, peaceful and calm.
For years I have been struggling with regulating my blood sugar, to no avail. Recently the situation had been getting worse, and about two months ago I started Qi Gong with Sheli. The change was almost immediate. My hunger levels dropped off, and I no longer felt dizzy spells between meals. Qi Gong practice with Sheli has already made a dramatic impact on my body. I feel calmer, healthier, more grounded, more energetic. This class is a blessing!
Just love these Zoom classes. Sheli is not only a great teacher she also takes such an individual approach and interest in her clients. I have learnt so much more than Qi Gong from her. Only benefit of Corona is doing these classes at home means I can do two a week! I feel I have known Sheli for years.
I do Qi Gong with Sheli and highly recommend it for anyone who wants to feel better in their body. She's very knowledgeable and patient, giving good directives and at the same time giving enough space to explore the movements on my own. I always feel better after a Qi Gong class with Sheli! Try it!
It's quite remarkable to do a form of exercise that makes you feel good for a few days afterwards! More energized, more mentally focused, more peaceful! And Sheli is a wonderful teacher to guide you through it!
I am enjoying it so much. The results speak for themselves. It's a great stress reliever. Anybody can do it. It's great to be empowered to be taught how to heal yourself instead of having to go to an acupuncturist or reflexologist to do it for you!
My wife tried it and can't stop talking about it! She goes every week and just loves how relaxed it makes her feel! She loves the flexibility of being able to do a class on the Video-on-Demand streaming service if she cannot attend a class in person or on Zoom! She never has to miss a class!
I never realised that my energy was so low before that I always made the excuse that I didn't have time for things. After coming to Sheli's Qi Gong classes I realised what I was really saying before, was I didn't have the energy. Now I have so much more energy, I am able to do so much more each day!
Sheli does a great job of instructing. This is a great way to stretch and find balance, and a really calming practice!
I have an autoimmune disorder and there are days when I can’t get out of bed. Sheli has helped me with this and made me feel so much better. I am now able to wake up each day and jump out of bed.
I walk into the Qi Gong class worn out and stiff after a long day of work and I walk out calm and energetic. It definitely helps me to breathe better.